Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sidney Nebreska







Nick has been encouraging Isaac to pick a sport to play, but I am just not interested at all. I am really good at bowling on the wii, in fact, he gets turkeys(3 strikes in a row) very frequently. So Emily decided that I'd like to try bowling as his sport of choice. This was not Nick's idea of a cool sport, but wanted to give Me a shot. We had planned to go bowling here in Cheyenne last Thursday, but Nick ended up working late and we weren't able to go. We decided to go yesterday, so we loaded up and drove to the local bowling alley. We got there and the parking lot was overflowing, we walked in and the place was packed with people in halloween costumes. We came home and called the bowling alleys in Laramie, but they were booked up with "Bowling for the Cure". We called Ft. Collins, CO., but they had parties and leagues all day. Nick decided that we could drive the 100 miles to Sidney, Nebraska to go bowling and visit Cabela's. It was the kid's first time bowling, and they had a lot of fun and were very well behaved. None of us broke 100 points, and we were using bumpers(it's a lot easier on the wii!). After our game of bowling, we went to Cabela's, it is huge! The kids enjoyed eating at the cafe, watching the fish, and looking at the animal displays. I asked each family member what their favorite part of the day was, and these are their answers:
Savannah- "I liked the rainbow trout." She loved the aquarium with the different species of fish. We were there looking at fish for 30 minutes, and she still didn't want to leave.
Sophia- "My favorite part was the big huge elephant."
Isaac-"I liked the bowling alley, and getting to pick a treat from the vending machine."
Emily-The best part of the trip for me was buying a cute necklace at Cabela's. I also like spending time with the family and seeing the kids happy.
Nick-The best part for me was coming home."

No comments: